Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Day Two

"No earthly authority can separate us from direct access to our Creator. There can never be a mechanical or electronic failure when we pray. There is no limit on the number of times or how long we can pray each day. There is no quota of how many needs we wish to pray for in each prayer. We do not need to go through secretaries or make an appointment to reach the throne of grace. He is reachable at any time and any place."--James E. Faust, "The Lifeline of Prayer," Ensign, May 2002

I can honestly and humbly say that this is an area that I struggle with the most.  I was taught as a child to be extremely independant and solve my own problems. As a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, I am taught to give it over to Heavenly Father.  Not that you don't have to take care of business and do for yourself  BUT................we should seek guidance from our Heavenly Father always and in all things.

Day two from Crystal's website is all about the Prayer Journal!



Her download for the prayer journal fits right into my little planner and I love it! The idea is to focus on things throughout the day and write them down on the sheet so that you can have more direct meaningful prayers.  I need this!

A little note: day one, last night went really well! I completed my 30 minute close out of the day, drank my warm milk, my buddy called me, I said my affirmation and prayers! Looking pretty positive so far :)

Penny :)

No comments:

Post a Comment