Thursday, March 3, 2011

Run #2

Okay so you know Jane, the young vampire from the movie Twilight? Remember how she looks at her victims and says "Pain"..........and her victim drops in agony (except for Bella of course, cause she is immune)?



Yeah...........................

Run #2 ---------------- PAIN!!

I picked the same route for my 2nd run, which was at a park with flat paths in some spots and heavy inclines in others, and even though I was sore from day 1, I still felt good and ready to go. I had on my new running shoes (Nike Zoom Structure +14), thanks to my awesome husband, so what could go wrong?  Ummm.........ALOT!
Unfortunetely I made the classic mistake that alot of people do when they are new to working out, I pushed my body too hard! I should have picked an "all" flat terrain because when I got to the hills in the back of the park, my shins almost completely locked down. I kept going but I wasn't able to regain my mometum and speed.

So...........lesson learned. 

Listen to your body and don't let your ego get in your own way!

3 comments:

  1. You are so cute, Penny! Way to go for getting out there!! Portland, huh? So, you guys are going? Dang, I wish we could! Stupid cruise!! ; ). I'll be thinking of you and Jen when I'm doing my half here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish Jen was running, but sadly no. I'm out on a limb by myself, but they'll all be there on the sidelines! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This year we cheer each other on from afar............
    Next year Marathon together! Definetely!!

    ReplyDelete